Saturday, April 5, 2008

Yikes!

"What is that?" you might be asking. Perhaps it's a bowl of gravy, or maybe you're like Kyle and thought it was a new chocolate flavor of Jell-O. Well, keep guessing but I am sad to tell you that that lovely brown liquid came straight from our faucet. Yes ladies and gentleman, THAT is our water!

I've mentioned it before, but when it rains for several days our water tends to get a little murky. Well, it's been raining non-stop for the past few weeks, so we knew this was coming. I showered and just prayed we wouldn't get any diseases. We brush our teeth with bottled water. But I didn't quite realize how bad it was until I went to do the dishes and this is what came out. Yuck.

Needless to say, there is still a pile of dishes sitting in our kitchen...

1 comment:

Katy Shadid said...

Hey Andrea, my name is Katy I stumbled upon your blog awhile back while looking for information on Dominica. My husband and I are going to come to the island at the end of April because my husband starts his first semester in May. I realized after looking at some of your pictures that we secured a spot in the same apartment complex that you live in. I was wondering what you thought of the apartment and what kind of things we should bring with us. Any information about where you live would be wonderful. If you would email me sometime I would really appreciate it.

katyshadid@yahoo.com


Katy