Saturday, April 5, 2008

Who says we're too old?

If you couldn't tell, we LOVE celebrating holidays! (Christmas and Valentine's Day are our favorites). So, we couldn't let Easter and April Fools Day pass without finding some unique ways to celebrate.

I mentioned in a previous post that on Easter, we went to RCF's Sunrise Service, which Kyle actually gave the message for. Then we were off to a brunch potluck with some of our friends. Well, we thought we were missing a little something... so, of course we hid baskets. We are fully aware Easter baskets have nothing to do with actually celebrating Jesus rising from the dead and triumphing death & sin so we can actually have life, and have it to the fullest (amen!), and sadly we found out long ago that the Easter bunny is not real, but we figured as long as we don't have kids of our own yet, we should still be allowed to partake in the fun. :)

We hid baskets for each other around our apartment and hunted for them. I've heard Kyle was quite good at basket-hunting when he was little, and was infamous for beating Keri. I'd say he probably beat me in finding his, too. I mean, our apartment is so spacious and there are just so many places to hide them! (note the sarcasm there. but I do love our apartment, don't get me wrong!)


Not there! Keep looking...

Found it!

Kyle's Easter Basket!

A little lost...

There it is!

My basket! (Kyle was a little sad because he was planning on getting more stuff for my basket, but he was stuck in bed all day Saturday when he got hurt. But he did give me "coupons" good for cookies from Subway, so I'm just fine with that!)


So, we had a great time celebrating Easter, and then one of my least-favorite holiday rolls around: April Fools Day. I spend the whole day being a nervous wreck just waiting for something to pop out or go wrong. (I think this is all due to my brothers - who probably loved this holiday and tormented me. They even put plastic wrap over the toilet seat!)


I spent the whole day thinking Kyle was secretly plotting something and I analyzed everything he did. (Like, Oh no, he had the bathroom sink on for a long time, he's got to be doing something!). Thankfully, he's so sweet to me and didn't try anything, but I wanted to do something so I got online and did a little research. And I found so many April Fools recipes, so I went to town! I made "Meatloaf Cupcakes" and then dirt dessert. I'm pretty sure Kyle thinks I'm a little crazy for trying to celebrate holidays so much, but it makes those days just a little less ordinary :)

"Andrea, what is this?"

They're Meatloaf Cupcakes!!

And they were actually pretty good!

No comments: