Monday, April 21, 2008

This one's for the girls...

I have been SO blessed to have met such amazing women down here who have become some of my best friends! God definitely answered prayers that I wouldn't just be sitting at home all alone while Kyle studies. So I'd like you to meet some of them and take a look at some of the adventures we've had on the island!

Our visit to Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls & Screw's Sulphur Springs

Ashley's mom came to visit, so a group of us got together to show to island off to her. We had a day of island adventure and then relaxation at the sulphur springs (our closest thing to a spa!)

Me, Ashley, Sara, Liz & Ralna at Titou Gorge. It was one of the coolest places we had been on the island, but also one of the coldest! You have to swim through the water to get through the gorge!


Ralna, me, Sara, and Liz taking the very easy hike to Trafalgar Falls. Multiple cruise ships were in that day, so we had plenty of tourists to share our hike and view with, but it was still beautiful!










Ashley and I in front of the "Momma Falls" at Trafalgar.














Finally, we get to relax at Screw's Sulphur Springs! (We have no idea why they call it that. And in case you were wondering, yes I am wearing a bathing suit! It's just strapless...)

They even served us fresh fruit! (Well, this is after we ate it all!)


Game Night with the Girls!

Liz, Ashley, me and Sara
One night, Alia, another spouse down here, invited us all over to her house for a game night. Kyle had to study all night so I was in! I was having one of those days where everything I started to cook or bake just went wrong, so with 5 minutes before we were supposed to go, I grabbed some candy corn mammaw & pampaw brought us and I was out the door. Well, the candy corn was a huge hit! And so were the games! We played MadGab and Cranium. Ashley and I were partners to Cranium, and we ended up winning the whole game!
Ross Spouses Organization Spaghetti Dinner
Ralna, Ashley and I are all on the board for RSO and this semester, the organization planned a spaghetti dinner for the students right before one of the minis. Sometimes it's hard to know exactly how we can help out our husbands and other students since we can't even pronounce half the words in their study packets... but we learned quickly that cooking and making meals is such a big help. So we grabbed our spaghetti noodles and pots and got cooking & serving! The students loved it, and we had a fun time too!






Me, Katrina, and Courtney dishing out the noodles, sauce and green beans! Despite wearing a white shirt - i didn't get a bit of spaghetti sauce on me! (and knowing me, that's a miracle!)









Ashley gave us a ride home after the dinner, but forgot to mention she left the floats we use at the pool blown up in the back! So Courtney and I shared the back seat with an innertube!







Dinner at Blue Bay
While Ashley's mom was visiting, Kyle and I went out to dinner with Ryan, Ashley and her mom, Marta, at Blue Bay (as you can tell, one of our favorites on the island!) We had a great time, and I can't tell you how grateful I am to have Ashley down here!! She is definitely an answer to prayer!!



My AMAZING Bible Study
I have had the privilege of being in a Bible study with some amazing women for the past two semesters. I love how diverse our group is. Czarina, Katie, and Jamie are students, Ralna and Denise are spouses with children, and then there's Ashley and me. I have loved spending time with these ladies, who have been to open and encouraging. Czarina, Katie and Jamie are leaving to go to Miami for 5th semester. It just won't be the same without them!

Back row: Ralna, Jamie, Ashley, Katie, & me. Front row: Czarina & Denise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much I am going to miss you!!! I get really sad every time I think about not havig bible study with you all each week...
I'm dead serious about webcam bible study...DEAD SERIOUS.
:o)

Ashley said...

Great post! We are so blessed! :) And I love the intertube picture. Those were just your airbags! :) Can you believe you haven't seen me in 18 days?! And it's going to be another 19 til we are reunited?! I'm having Andrea withdrawal...