Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunset Surprise

For our first Newlywed Valentine's Day (which, along with Christmas, is one of our favorite holidays!) Kyle decided to plan a little surprise...

The day started off as pretty normal...Kyle had class the majority of the day, and studied when he didn't and I was busy making bread and selling it at lunch. All I knew was I was supposed to meet Kyle on campus at 5pm for a special surprise. Well after lunch I started dinner and before I knew it, I was off to campus.

Well, I found out that Kyle had planned a special walk on the beach, and then he brought "supplies" to watch the sunset - which are beautiful in Dominica! It's always something we wanted to do together but never found the time. Well, Kyle packed a bag with a beach towel, wine and even some Swiss cheese :). We set up our little romantic setting on a large piece of driftwood on the beach, and it was amazing! After the sunset, we ran home in the rain and cooked dinner together. All in all, it was a great Valentine's Day, and definitely one we won't forget.







3 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the new blog layout. How did you make those pictures black and white? I really like the pic you put at the top. :)

Anonymous said...

andrea - I just checked out your blog! you take amazing pictures!! have you ever considered photography? :) how do you get so many with the 2 of you?

sounds like things are going well!
marci d

Anonymous said...

I love the new layout too! You two are so good to each other! That Kyle is a keeper :) Love ya!