Monday, February 25, 2008

So you had a bad day...

This was just too funny not to share! Kyle has recovered from the traumatic event, so no worries. Enjoy! :)

About 2 weeks ago, I left early in the morning to go on a trip to Roseau. Kyle didn't have to be at class until 10:30 so I wasn't too surprised he was calling me at 10am. Well, as soon as I answered the phone I knew something was wrong. He quickly said, "This is already the worst day ever" and I knew I was in a for a good story...

We've had trouble with ants lately, and when Kyle woke up, he saw a trail on hundreds on ants going under our bed. He quickly jumped up and found the trail went all the way back onto our living room wall and out the front door. He knew they must have fun something good under there, but had no idea what would attract so many ants. Well he soon found out: SPIDER EGGS! In one of my duffel bags, their were thousands of ants eating thousands of spider eggs, which slowly, started to hatch! (God made sure I was out of the house during all this because I would lost it!) Well, Kyle kept it together, grabbed the bag, and ran out on the balcony. But then...

SLAM!!! The wind shuts our back door, which then locks Kyle out. I forgot to mention he was in the process of getting dressed up for class before all this started. So he's on the balcony with a white undershirt on, accompanied by just his boxers and a pair of socks! It doesn't take long for the laughter to travel up to our balcony from the apartment full of girls across from ours. Well, soon Kyle pulled out the screen to a window, which thankfully was unlocked, and hopped back in the house with just enough time to get dressed and get to class. But then...

He goes to put his dress shirt on, and it felt a little snug. We had just sent it to get washed, and yep, they shrank it! So, he throws a tie on with the top button still undone and runs out the door. This is when he called me. And then... it started pouring down rain! Poor guy!

So when I got home later than day, I went on a cleaning frenzy. I hate spiders so I was a little nervous, but I knew it was nothing that our toxic-illegal-in-the-USA bug spray couldn't handle. Well, I may have sprayed too much, because I started feeling a little loopy and before I knew it, I was rearranging all of our bedroom furniture to I could clean under it all. Our new arrangement makes no sense - The bed even blocks the back door to our balcony. Kyle got home and through I had gone crazy...

It was quite the eventful day, but I am happy to report we haven't seen any spiders since :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading about this as much as seeing Kyle's face on the webcam as he told us!