Friday, February 8, 2008

A favor to ask

I borrowed this from Ashley's blog, thanks Ashley :)

Yesterday during RCF bible study our preacher's wife asked a favor of us. One of their son's life-long friends is very ill and is not expected to live too much longer. His 25th birthday is in March. He and his family are Christians and are confident that he will soon be in a better place. Since this is expected to be his last birthday, his mom is trying to get 1,000 birthday cards sent to him. Please take a few minutes next time you are at the grocery to grab a birthday card and mail it to:
Gene Gardner
Bible Baptist Church
P.O. Box 450935
Grove, OK. 74345

You can just say Happy Birthday...you could say that you are praying for him and his family...anything you feel like saying. I think he will be blessed to know that so many strangers took the time to wish him a happy birthday! Oh - and I think this is a surprise, so if there is anyone reading from Oklahoma, don't ruin the surprise! :)

1 comment:

Czarina said...

I found you!
My blog isn't as cute as yours but you should visit.
czarinasjourney.blogspot.com

Looked at your wedding pics - SO BEAUTIFUL...wait - I mean - I didn't look at your pics online for 30 min b/c I am STUDYING so - I take that back ;-)