Thursday, July 21, 2011

finally!

we finally felt our little girl move! last friday (7/15) i was in ohio for a wedding, and after the rehearsal dinner, i was talking to my mom when i felt a new little movement in my belly - it wasn't "butterflies" like most people describe them or even a very soft, gentle feeling. it was more like a little bump or kick. she quickly put her hand on my stomach but couldn't feel anything. right away i called kyle, who was still in milwaukee, and when he didn't pick up, i texted, "i think i felt the baby move!" but that feeling only happened 1-2 more times, then no more. and seeing as i can attribute a lot of twinges and feelings down there to the joys of "pregnancy flatulence" (sorry for the honesty!) i wasn't 100% sure that was baby girl.

until last night... kyle and i were laying in bed talking before we fell asleep, and there it was again! I put his hand on my belly, and we waited for it to happen again. a few seconds later, i felt it and i quickly looked at kyle - he was wide-eyed and all smiles. he felt it too! and baby girl gave us lots more kicks and pokes for the next 5 minutes that both of us could feel. finally, i could feel her and knew 100% that was her giving mom & dad a little hello (or just finding a more comfy spot!). this morning she wanted to make sure i knew she was still there - as i drove to work, it felt like she was just bouncing along in my belly. it's amazing to start to fall in love with this little girl that we haven't even truly met yet. but she is already is so so loved!

1 comment:

Julie D said...

Awwww, that's so sweet. I remember it well. I loved feeling Jordan move.

I heard all about "Baby Gail" from your mom. hahahahahahaha