Sunday, July 27, 2008

A day in the life of Kyle

Hey! So, as Andrea promised, it's time for me to make my first appearance on the blog. She's done such a great job with this, I've pretty much just been a spectator like you all. But, I've never completely appreciated all the work she puts in and how hard it is until I sat down to write. The formatting alone almost got me frustrated enough to drop it!

Anyways, I thought there would be no better way to use my blog space than to give you a little tour of the place where I spent most of my time these days. Last Friday, Andrea came down to Roseau with me since I was going to be finishing my radiology rotation early. She went and shopped for the 3 hours while I was at the clinic.

Afterwards, we met up and went to lunch with some of my friends at a place called the Garage. While it is completely "car" themed, it's actually one of the nicer places to go to lunch in Roseau.

Then, of course, our trip to Roseau couldn't be complete without a trip to the infamous Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH). I was really wanting to give Andrea a tour since it was the place where I spent most days during this 5th semester. She had already been to the "Accident and Emergency" department with me for the whole clavicle fiasco, but there is definitely a lot more to see! Here are some pictures from the tour! Enjoy!


Welcome!

A view of a few of the "wards" from the front gates

Apparently this map will tell you where you need to go. I don't buy it.

Me at the front entrance of PMH (sans tie)

Just inside the main entrance


One of the intra-hospital corridors (note the traditional nurses outfit!)

Ross' part of the hospital
One of the 5th semester exam rooms
Ross' other part of the hospital. The 2nd floor is the "theatre" (aka operating room) while the bottom floor is the 5th semester classroom.
5th semester classroom
Again
If you're going in for surgery, you have to have people donate blood on your behalf "just in case."

Inside one of the wards.
The emergency department....I've been there both as a student and as a patient.

The entrance to the psych ward....yes, it is as scary as it looks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How great to see "where" you spent 5th semester, "Dr." Kyle! Andrea does do a fantastic job doing the blog but your pics were really interesting. It "looked" very clean. You looked as handsome as ever and just like you belonged! Have safe trip home" Much love to you & Andrea. Thanks!
Love,
Grandmere