Monday, June 9, 2008

The Dog Lady?

I’ve been called the bread lady before, and even the cookie lady for doing the birthday ministry for RCF, but now I have a new one...
The Dog Lady

It all started when I found a woman’s blog who posts great recipes, so I use it a lot when I’m looking for new ideas for dinner. Well, this time I definitely found something a little different: Peanut Butter Doggie Bones!

Ok, now I know you’re saying, “Andrea, you and Kyle don’t even have a dog…” Well, we’ve somewhat adopted two dogs from the neighbors on either side of us. We’ve told you about Pup, the older brown dog that is so ugly he’s cute. And then there’s Baby Pup, who has the coolest coloring – it’s like gray, brown and black tiger stripes. (Yes, we came up with these names…their real names are Bruce and Sly, but they respond to Pup and Baby Pup now!)

Where are my treats??


Each time we come home, they follow us right up the stairs. We always feed them leftovers, and I used to leave a water bowl out, but the bowl turn into toy for them and who knows where they carried it off to…

So, when I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect! It would give me something to do, and of course the dogs would love it.

I do feel just a tiny bit embarrassed by the dog lady title. But then we saw a guy carrying around bags of dog food in his backpack, stopping at all the stray dogs and feeding them. Hey, someone’s gotta love these dogs! So though I may feel like an old woman baking my bread and making my dog treats, at least Pup and Baby Pup will be well fed!


2 comments:

Czarina said...

That makes me sooooo happy! I make pup treats (or - MADE treats - since I'm not at home anymore) for my dogs all the time:-)

I miss you!!!!!!!! VISIT ME!!

Kristi said...

that looks like fun!! where's the blog so i can see the recipe?? i want to make sammie the same doggie treats so she can bond with your "pets" :-)