Saturday, November 17, 2007

Secret Beach

Kyle had been talking about Secret Beach ever since first semester, and finally, last weekend we got to go! Lucky for me, Kyle took a break from studying so I had him all to myself the whole day :) Well, he did sneak in a little studying in the morning, but we were off my noon.


We headed off to rent some kayaks, because there is no way to walk to the beach, it's totally secluded. A lot of people take a small boat, but of course we decided to tough it out and row all the way there. Now Kyle has been kayaking several times, and we even went on our honeymoon. Even with my little past experience, I was struggling in the beginning. I would zig-zag back and forth around Kyle as he paddling in a straight path. He joked that I probably went double the distance I really had to making my crazy path in the water. But after about 20 minutes, we turn around a corner and it was amazing! All the paddling was worth seeing how beautiful Secret Beach was! And we soon realized we had the whole beach to ourselves!


We kayaked through an arch formed off of the cliffs, and even the view looking out onto the bay was stunning. Kyle gave me a "tour" of the beach, which took about five minutes, but it was absolutely beautiful! The beach is enclosed by towering cliffs, and there are small coves on either side of the beach, perfect for snorkeling! We took in the view, and then we were off to explore the beach and soon we were ready for some snorkeling. Though it wasn't as clear as Scott's Head, I did see a snake sitting on the bottom of the bay, which I know was staring right at me (Kyle had swam away from me, so I quickly got away from the snake...I was a little freaked out.) We swam through school of fish, which was amazing. There had to be thousands of fish! Kyle even saw some eels. Some friends down here have underwater cameras and their pictures are amazing - I'll have to borrow some and post them on here so you can see a little bit of the "Nature Island" at its best!

So I know I've used the word "beautiful" so many times, but I trully don't know how else to desribe Secret Beach! So, to help out, we made a video! Check it out by clicking the link at the bottom of this post and you'll be able to see both of us paddling through the arch, spot some wildlife, and catch a glimpse of Secret Beach. Hopefully this will also warm all of you up who are starting to get cold weather and snow!

It was such a great day, and I'm so thankful when Kyle gets a break to study, and we spend time together. All I have to say is married life is great! :)

All our Love-

Kyle and Andrea

Our Video Website (just click on the picture and it will start to play once you get to the website): http://www.vimeo.com/399895

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.